Easy WOF in Christchurch?
Ringle
2003-12-16 08:21:40 UTC
Where can I get an easy Warrant of Fitness in Christchurch?
One which may be a little more lenient on the state of my slightly rusted
Japanese Auto.

Thanks,
Col
2003-12-16 08:33:42 UTC
Post by Ringle
Where can I get an easy Warrant of Fitness in Christchurch?
One which may be a little more lenient on the state of my slightly rusted
Japanese Auto.
Thanks,
Those days have well gone I am afraid. If you need leniency the car must be
fucked and a danger to other drivers. Get a life ..
--
Col

Col's law.
Thinly sliced cabbage..
SomebodyElse
2003-12-16 08:53:00 UTC
Post by Ringle
Where can I get an easy Warrant of Fitness in Christchurch?
One which may be a little more lenient on the state of my slightly rusted
Japanese Auto.
Thanks,
As much as I hate the fact that some WOF places are so very lenient, I'll
suggest one in the hope that a lot of people will complain (as I have a
few times) to the powers that be, and they'll lose their WOF licence.

BP Oaklands (cnr Halswell Rd and Dunbars Rd) are terrible. All he seems to
do is jump in the car, drive around the block, jump out and write out the
warrant.

His mechanical skills/knowledge seems to be terribly lacking too. He
couldn't fix many things on my sisters car and told her it was only fit
for the wreckers. It was barely running. My mate (a _real_ mechanic)
looked at it, replaced the oil and the spark plugs, and it's been running
like a dream ever since.

I stopped taking my cars (not that I now have more than one) there a when
I started caring about others on the road, and a car that was clearly not
fit to be driven on the road passed with no questions.

I hope since then he's lost his wof certification, because I and others
complained. But I fear not.

- Scott
BP Oaklands
2004-01-07 00:39:53 UTC
I take umbridge with "Scott", who says all we do is jump into a vehicle and
drive around the block.
Scott, Have you got the balls to contact me directly? You state you and
others have complained about our service -- who too? Certainly not us and
not the L.T.S.A. So who have you complained to? You also question my
mechanics skills about your sisters car and to this I add that any fool can
post what they like on a newsgroup but how about backing it up and
contacting me personally.

Noel Ward - Proud Owner of BP Oaklands
- Scott
SomebodyElse
2004-01-07 08:58:01 UTC
Post by BP Oaklands
I take umbridge with "Scott", who says all we do is jump into a vehicle
and drive around the block.
Scott, Have you got the balls to contact me directly? You state you and
others have complained about our service -- who too? Certainly not us
and not the L.T.S.A. So who have you complained to? You also question my
mechanics skills about your sisters car and to this I add that any fool
can post what they like on a newsgroup but how about backing it up and
contacting me personally.
Noel Ward - Proud Owner of BP Oaklands
Wow. I've just re-read my post and I am deeply ashamed to say the least.
It was a few weeks ago I wrote that and I must have been having a
seriously bad day. Not that that's any excuse.

The issues I mentioned are all old - over a year ago, and my recollection
of the facts possibly impeded a bit by my obviously grumpy frame of mind
at the time of writing. A newsgroup forum is not the place to air
statements such as were in my post, and certainly shouldn't have even been
mentioned here without first discussing my concerns with you personally.

One problem with posting to newsgroups is that once the send button is
pressed, it's out there and can't be removed.

I apologise unequivocally for my rather pig headed post.

- Scott
Richard Grevers
2004-01-07 09:24:36 UTC
SomebodyElse
2004-01-07 09:26:54 UTC
Post by Richard Grevers
Post by SomebodyElse
One problem with posting to newsgroups is that once the send button is
pressed, it's out there and can't be removed.
Actually, in most news clients you can go to your sent folder, select the
post and cancel it (typically an option on the right-click context menu
but there might also be a button).
Oh. I didn't know that. Thanks.

- Scott

jaz mann
2003-12-16 09:25:09 UTC
Don't go to the servo,on the corner of Marshlands and Prestons road,if you
think it might be iffy,I took my motorcycle there,he said if it was a horse
he would shoot it...